Are you a business professional who does not speak English as a native language and is trying to progress within your organization? The accent and pronunciation of many professionals who are not native English speakers make it challenging for others to understand what they are actually saying, even though they have a good enough command of the language to express their thoughts. If this sounds like you, you could benefit from having your accent reduced or modified in some way.
The objective of accent reduction is not to completely eradicate your native speech pattern. Simply having an accent is not a negative trait in and of itself in any way. However, to be successful in one’s professional life, it is necessary to have speech that is both clear and eloquent; however, many people discover that their accent makes it difficult for others to understand them. Many people who are not native English speakers are unaware of the frequency with which others ask them to repeat what has just been spoken. We routinely get phone calls from people who have recently been informed by their manager, partner, or boss that they are talented and highly regarded at the company, but that their lack of communication skills is preventing them from progressing further in their careers. Don’t hang around waiting for that message to be brought to you. Now is the time to act.
How exactly would reducing your accent benefit you? Take a look at the top five advantages of accent reduction training that I’ve included below to assist you in obtaining the career that you deserve.
- You have made general progress in your ability to pronounce words. Speech that is both clear and eloquent is necessary for professional success!
- Improved self-assurance when delivering a presentation in front of one’s contemporaries. As your ability to communicate grows, you’ll find that public speaking and presentations make you feel less self-conscious. This frees you up to focus on presenting an engaging and thought-provoking presentation to your audience.
- A reduction in the number of errors made when speaking, which increases total effectiveness. Whether you are conversing with your coworkers, friends, customers, or business colleagues, you will have a greater assurance that you will say the appropriate thing at the appropriate moment.
- Improved abilities in both networking and bargaining. It is crucial to have the ability to communicate clearly, efficiently, and effectively with potential customers or clients to successfully close transactions, generate income, and climb the corporate ladder.
- Less misunderstanding for your listeners. If you have a heavy accent, people may have trouble understanding you or be continually asking you to repeat what you just said. When you improve the clarity of your voice and make it easier to comprehend, your professional relationships will be more successful.
This is the case, be sure to take advantage of this offer. I will walk you through how to leverage each component to your advantage as I break down the several aspects that contribute to confident communication and provide you with a free resource to help you do so.