In recent years, the level of concern for the health of women has increased significantly. Increase in the occurrence of ailments that are believed to be a direct outcome of the recent lifestyle modifications made by modern women. Currently, the strategy to prevent that is the most basic must be used. Treatment and a timely and correct diagnosis are crucial components of effective prevention.
Some Of The Most Significant Health Issues Affecting Modern Women:
- Breast Cancer:According to LMA, one in twelve women are at risk for developing cancer at some time in their life. Breast cancer & cervical cancer are the most prevalent kinds of cancer among women. The most effective defense against breast cancer is early detection, which may be achieved by routine breast examinations and improved awareness of the condition.
- Cardiovascular Diseases:Heart ailments, which afflict women more commonly than men, are a reason for concern for women not only in India but throughout the globe. A growing number of women are being diagnosed with cardiac difficulties because they are unable to take time for themselves and have too many responsibilities. A healthy lifestyle, which includes keeping a nutritious diet beginning at a young age, engaging in regular physical activity, eliminating bad habits like smoking, and undergoing frequent exams on a woman’s health, may alleviate these concerns. Diabetes:Even though this ailment is more prevalent in men, there is still a possibility that female patients be misdiagnosed. Women with unhealthy lives are more prone than men to get diabetes, particularly type 2. Obese women, women who smoke, and women who abuse alcohol are commonly diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.
- Anemia:A woman has anemia if her RBC (red blood cell) count and hemoglobin levels are low. Despite being anemic, a woman may have the impression of health. Alternatively, a shortage of oxygen in a woman’s blood may be the cause if she has chronic symptoms of fatigue and tiredness. A checkup for women’s health can explain that these symptoms are significant and should be addressed carefully.
- Gynecological Problems:This category includes Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) and vaginal infections, both of which a woman must be cautious of. If you have vaginal discomfort and swelling, vaginitis may be a possibility. This condition can be caused by a lack of cleanliness, engaging in sexual activity, contracting an infection, wearing uncomfortable clothing, or having a chronic illness. During the menstrual cycle, women frequently experience premenstrual syndrome symptoms, such as mood swings, body aches, fatigue, and muscle cramping. If symptoms such as pain and sorrow are ignored, the premenstrual dysphoric disorder might develop (PMDD).
- Anxiety And Its Effects On Mental Health:In addition to the previously mentioned diseases, the modern woman is also susceptible to mental health issues. Now more than ever, women are at risk for acquiring mental health disorders such as depression, anxiety, and insomnia.