Smartphones and mobile apps have become integral to people’s lives in the 21st century. Statistics suggest about 6.64 billion smartphone users, which equals 83.37 % of the population, with a global application market expected to grow to around $653.91 billion by 2025. Developing a mobile app is the most lucrative option if you want to expand your business and introduce new ideas. This gives you an opportunity to connect with people innovatively.
You need a proper mobile app development workflow to achieve your dreams of developing a mobile app for your business and ideas. Here we have compiled a list of important steps for successful mobile app development workflow. Hence listed below are essential steps to help you:
- Define Project Goals: The first step to success for mobile app developers is to define your project goals. Define your app type, the platform you plan to develop it for and most importantly, the app’s UI design.
- The Blueprint: Next, you need to create a blueprint of your app: its type, purpose, features, working, logo, sounds and themes. Present it to the developers and explain your vision to them.
- Software Development Team: To bring your vision to fruition, you need a trusted software development team. They will take care of everything from project management, design, and programming to QA testing.
- Schedule and Organize: If you want a good result, you need to schedule the amount of time required to finish developing the app. It includes setting the times for different activities. Next, you must organize your team members, assigning the tasks and tracking their progress.
- Test plan: Building a test plan is necessary as it helps identify and record bugs and errors during the development process. This will help the developer fix the bugs.
- Documentation Requirements: Requirements documents help understand the design approach, UX and the app’s working. This crucial step will help the developer understand your requirements, helping them to come up with the best solution.
- Development Method: This step requires you to choose the development method for your app. The methods are native mobile app development which runs on a particular platform and uses the operating systems API to provide functionality. Hybrid mobile app development, which can be available on different platforms. Native iOS app development which can run on iOS platforms.
- Test: An important step in the development of your app. You can use tools like Xcode, Android Studio and Sketch to test whether the design is suitable for mobile phones. You can adjust the designs accordingly and ensure a better user experience.
- Code: The make or break step for curating the right workflow in every mobile app development. The part where coding for your app takes place, turning your idea into reality. Coding ensures your app is compatible with platforms like Android, iOS and Windows.
- Deploy and Launch: Your app is developed, so what next? First, you can launch a minimum viable product(MVP) among your team and take genuine feedback. Work on it and proceed with Application Deployment. After deploying your app, all you have to do is to launch your app. You can do it on Google Play/Apple Store.
- Maintenance and Support: Mobile app development workflow doesn’t end with launching the app. As app users grow, you might identify inefficiency. Hence you should maintain your app and offer technical support to your users for a better user experience. Experts at the best mobile app development company can significantly help here.
These are essential steps for a successful Android app development workflow. Applying a workflow to your project ensures the work is done correctly. If you want to develop an app, you can approach experts at the mobile app development company to get a proper workflow.