Websites. Yes, Websites. If you’re one of the young minds and building your empire, the very first step is to (well you might have guessed it already, don’t make me say it!) get your website!
And don’t even get me started on how important it gets for all the working ladies and gentlemen to have one as it tremendously increases their chances of being hired by a company- after all, every brilliant employee has one these days.
And guess what? You don’t have to delve deep into the complicated process of coding to learn to make yourself a website as well. Call it the magic of advancements in tech today, you can easily use a website builder tool online to make your very own website, be it for work and business, or something as sweet & simple as a personal blog.
In this article, I’ll tell you everything you need to know about building a website with the help of Squarespace. And not just that, you’ll even be learning about a wonderful alternative to Squarespace, Fynd Platform which also happens to be our tool that’s super easy to use and works wonders! So, make sure you read it till the end!
Squarespace Pricing Plan
Squarespace offers four monthly pricing plans ranging from $16 to $49, as well as a 14-day risk-free trial.
If you’re unsure, we recommend starting with the free trial, then moving on to Squarespace’s cheapest $16 plan if you like what you find! This plan includes unlimited storage and bandwidth, a free domain, and ad-free, making it a generous entry-level plan suitable for professional websites.
According to our research, Squarespace ranks 4 out of 5 for value for money, making it a better value option than other builders such as Wix.
We’ll use our research to explain which Squarespace pricing plan is best for you, as well as how to get the most bang for your buck and any additional costs to consider.
Squarespace Ecommerce Pricing
Before you pick up a Squarespace plan, here’s basically what you need to know in short about Squarespace’s plans.
The four pricing plans offered by Squarespace range from $16 to $49 per month when paid annually, or $23 to $65 per month when paid monthly. The Personal plan is the most affordable, designed for individual use and providing a comprehensive set of basic features.
The second one is the Business plan which costs $33 if you choose the monthly plan, and $23 if you pick the yearly Plan.
The third is the Basic Commerce plan which is a little on the pricey side and would cost you $36 and $27 if you pick the monthly and yearly plans respectively.
The most expensive option is the Advanced Commerce plan, which includes tools for growing an eCommerce business, and hence, costs $65 from month to month, and $27 if you purchase the yearly plan.
- Things to Keep in Mind
- Squarespace truly provides excellent value for money. On its most basic plan, you get a plethora of features, including unlimited storage and bandwidth.
- Wix is Squarespace’s main competitor, and its most basic plan costs $16 per month as well. However, there are more affordable Ecommerce website builders available.
- There are no additional fees when it comes to Squarespace.
- Squarespace is free to try for 14 days – all you need is an email address to get started.
- While the cheapest Personal plan provides excellent value, our research shows that the $23 per month Business plan is best for 40% of users.
- You can easily get cheaper Squarespace plans. Yes, you can save money by opting for an annual plan rather than a monthly plan, get the most bang for your buck by selecting the best plan for your needs, use a coupon code, or mix and match all three!
- Squarespace Pricing Breakdown
Now, let’s check out in detail what each plan looks like!
Personal plan ($16/month): This plan is designed for (you guessed it) personal websites, but it includes the vast bulk of Squarespace’s non-eCommerce features. You’ll get a plethora of frameworks, a free custom domain, SSL protection, and round-the-clock support.
Plan for businesses ($23/month): You can sell online with this pricing plan, but there is a 3% transaction fee on all sales. It is better suited for small businesses with little merchandise than for large online stores.
Basic Commerce ($27/month): This plan is appropriate for fully operational online stores. To help you manage your store, you’ll get tools like smartphone checkouts, integrated accounting, and customer accounts. Instagram also allows you to sell directly.
The Advanced Commerce plan ($49/month): This plan is ideal for increasing conversions and sales. Gift cards, abandoned cart recovery, and flexible discounts are all designed to entice more customers to buy from you. Squarespace’s most powerful package is completed by these features, as well as advanced shipping tools.
Which Pricing Plan is the Best for you?
To create a website, you’ll need either a Personal or Business plan.
You should use the Basic Commerce or Advanced Commerce plan if you want to sell online.
Let’s bring more clarity to it with the help of an example. Let’s assume that Sally wishes to create a simple website to promote her homemade cupcakes. She’ll require an About page, a Contact page, and perhaps a photo gallery of her work.
Sally will require the Personal plan, which includes a custom domain name, attractive templates, and SEO features to assist her in spreading the word. But what if her desserts become so famous over time that she decides to turn her leisure activity into a small side business?
Sally would then have to upgrade to the Business plan to commence selling small quantities of goods online!
Squarespace Scheduling Pricing
Your subscription to Scheduling is distinct from your site subscription. You can use Scheduling independently or as part of a Squarespace website.
If you cancel or let your site subscription expire, you can still use Scheduling from the expired site. Unless you disable auto-renewal for Scheduling, it will remain active.
Federal and municipal sales taxes may apply to scheduling. If your account is taxable, it will be added at the checkout.
Fees for scheduling
In addition to the Scheduling plan, you might well be charged the following fees:
- Payment processor fees – Squarespace does not charge you to integrate Planning with payment providers, but your payment processor will.
- Text messaging fees – Each email and text sent to you or your clients by Scheduling are free of charge. Customers who receive text messages pay standard messaging rates.
Organising a free trial
- When you start using Scheduling, you will be on a free trial. The trial version is compatible with the Emerging plan.
- You will not be charged after your trial period expires unless you select a Scheduling plan. All that you’ve done would be saved, but you’ll need to purchase a plan to allow customers to continue booking appointments.
Register for Scheduling
To add Scheduling to an existing Squarespace website, follow these steps:
- Select Scheduling from the Home menu.
- To upgrade, simply follow the on-screen instructions.
- Choose between monthly and annual billing cycles.
- Choose the Scheduling plan that best meets your requirements.
- Click the Confirm Payment button.
- You may be required to authorise the purchase if your bank is located in the European Economic Area (EEA).
- Go to the Squarespace Scheduling sign up page and click Try Scheduling to sign up for Scheduling on its own. A Scheduling membership for a site can be purchased by only site operators and contributors with Authorization permissions.
Personal vs Business Plan
This plan is ideal for creating simple, stylish websites, and it includes all of the essentials for a well-rounded website. This plan includes the following features:
- For starters, it provides you with unlimited bandwidth and storage.
- Second, it gives you a free custom domain name.
- Following that, SSL security is provided.
- There are two more contributors.
- Squarespace additionally provides Website metrics.
- You’ll also be pleased to learn that Squarespace is well-known for its mobile-friendly websites!
- Last but not least, you have access to support 24 hours a day, seven days a week!
The Personal plan is ideal for those who are just getting started and want a small but beautifully designed website.
Business ($23 per month)
The Business plan includes more innovative functions than the Personal plan, such as:
- For starters, it gives you an unlimited number of contributors.
- It also provides advanced website metrics.
- Following that, you will receive a Professional email from Google.
- Google Ads credit of $500.
- The Business site is designed to include promotional pop-ups on occasion.
- eCommerce is supported.
- You are free to improve your website because it allows for complete customization.
- An Announcement bar is also available.
- Furthermore, Squarespace offers Premium blocks and integrations.
While it isn’t a full-fledged online marketplace plan, you can advertise on it. You can solicit money and sell endless types of items, but take into consideration that all sales are subject to a 3% transaction fee (there are no exchange fees on Squarespace’s two digital commerce plans).
It comes as no surprise that the Business plan is ideal for startups. It affects project performance and the potential to sell through your official site.
- Squarespace Non-Profit Pricing
Squarespace is a fantastic tool for nonprofits because it incorporates a website builder and an eCommerce service. There is no requirement for a separate web hosting service, and web addresses are also provided.
Squarespace makes your online presence look professional with a keen eye for graphics and fully prepared templates. Nonprofits like it since the time saved can be put forward to their purpose.
And let’s not forget that the Nonprofit Rate has always had the support of its audience. Other benefits of using Squarespace for nonprofit websites are numerous. Because the interface is simple and intuitive, no technical knowledge is required.
Services can be scaled as your business grows. There is no significant initial financial outlay. Although there is no nonprofit special offer, nonprofits can save money in other ways with Squarespace, such as-
- Domain names are provided to them for free.
- Their Annual purchase includes a free trial period as well as discounts.
- G-suite integration is also included, as are the associated cost savings for nonprofits.
Basic Commerce vs Advanced Commerce Plan
Basic Commerce ($27/month)
The Basic Commerce plan includes all of the eCommerce tools you’ll need to launch a simple but profitable online store. It includes all of the characteristics of the Business plan, plus a slew of bonus features:
- You can sell an unlimited number of products.
- There are no transaction fees.
- You will also have access to the gift cards!
- There are impactful commerce statistics available.
- It also shows you inventory, orders, taxes, and coupons.
- Label production is included.
- You are also provided with a Checkout on your domain.
- You can see the Accounts of customers too.
- You can also list products on your Instagram handle.
- Accounting that is integrated
- Finally, mobile checkout is available.
The Basic Commerce plan includes everything you require to get your company up and running, making it ideal for first-time online retailers.
Advanced Commerce ($49/month)
The Advanced Commerce plan includes everything in the Basic Commerce plan, plus highly specialised features to take your online store to a higher standard:
- To begin, you gain access to fantastic Subscriptions.
- There is also an auto-recovery feature for abandoned carts.
- It elevates shipping to a new level of sophistication.
- Flexible discounts are also available.
- Following that, it provides an API for orders.
These additional features are intended to propel your company’s growth: Auto-recovery of abandoned carts sends automated emails to customers who leave items in their shopping carts at checkout, special offers and gift cards provide absolutely superb rewards for customer loyalty, and enhanced shipping allows you to easily calculate real-time shipping rates.
The Advanced Commerce plan is ideal for growing eCommerce websites.
Introducing the ‘Best Alternative’ to Squarespace- “The Fynd Platform”
Now, you might think that purchasing a decent Squarespace subscription for some time might cost you a fortune.
Guess what? Here’s a perfect solution to your problem! We introduce you to one of the best and most affordable website builders, that is, The Fynd Platform!
- Additional Costs
Squarespace charges a flat monthly fee with no hidden fees. However, there are some things you might prefer to pay a little more for when establishing your site.
While you are not required to do so, it’s advisable to invest in a few more basic features to ensure the success of your webpage. Also, if you’re creating an eCommerce site, you’ll want to understand how switching costs work.
- Squarespace Transaction fee
Squarespace does not really charge transaction fees on its 2 eCommerce plans (Basic Commerce and Advanced Commerce), however, it does claim a 3% transaction fee on the $23 for each month Business plan.
In other words, if you choose the less costly Business plan rather than the two more expensive eCommerce plans, Squarespace might very well take 3% of every sale you make.
Because the Business plan is only for small businesses, Squarespace charges this fee to pay for the expenses of processing transactions. Because the eCommerce plans are more expensive, Squarespace renounces all transaction fees.
- Squarespace Email Pricing
Your website requires its unique domain name because it provides an identifiable and reputable picture to your viewers. When you first create your Squarespace site, your domain would then look something like this: www.yoursite.squarespace.com – however, this is neither exciting nor competent!
The expense of your domain name is usually decided by the domain name extension (.com,.net,.us…) that you select, and it will range between $10 and $20 annually.
- Squarespace Domain Pricing
Whether you’re boosting a sale, planning to release product lines, or posting blog posts, sending out emails is an excellent way to interact with visitors and grow your site’s audience.
Squarespace offers a variety of marketing campaign options. When you sign up for the $23 per month Business plan, you will receive one expert Gmail and G Suite account for free for a year.
Squarespace, on the other hand, provides an all-in-one email campaign project called Squarespace Email Campaigns. It allows you to generate custom emails directly from your website, ensuring that your marketing is consistent with the branding of your site. The most reasonably priced Email Campaigns program starts at five dollars a month.
- The Fynd Platform
Fynd Platform is the largest offline-to-online eCommerce platform in India, with cutting-edge innovation and cloud infrastructure. It has multi-channel customer potential and can work with other multi-channel channels.
The ultimate online and offline retail business solution is a one-stop shop that enables brands to create online web stores, accept online and COD payments, and connect with premium delivery partners to fulfil orders across India and globally.
With Fynd Platform, you can grow your business and reach millions of million clients! You can create your website for as little as $7.35 per month. With simple design tools and professional themes, you can create responsive websites and mobile apps.
Here’s what the Fynd pricing plan looks like-
- Standard Plan ($7.35/month)- This is appropriate for startups and entrepreneurs. There is a 4.5% transaction fee and no custom domain included. This plan, however, only includes one Selling Location.
- Professional Plan ($18.4/month)- This is ideal for expanding businesses. There is a 4.5% transaction fee, which includes a custom domain. This plan includes two selling locations.
- Premium Plan ($30.66/month)- This plan is well-known among scaled-up businesses. The advantage of purchasing this plan is that the Transaction Fees are reduced to 3.5% and it includes a Custom Domain. Finally, you’d be thrilled to find out that this plan includes 5 Selling Locations! For more information, refer to the official site of The Fynd Platform.
Tips to get the Best Deals with Squarespace
- Ways to save money
Squarespace is reasonably priced, but now with a few pointers from the experts, you’ll be able to get the most value for your dollar.
Squarespace Pricing Words of advice
The Business plan is best for nearly 40% of users: According to the research, we came to know that the Business plan was highly suggested to 38% of the 8,000 readers who used a Squarespace Plan Selector Tool.
The Business plan ($23/month) is a decent solution for many sites because it allows you to sell online without incurring the higher costs of a full-fledged eCommerce plan.
Pay yearly rather than monthly: Paying for a yearly subscription may appear to be more expensive at first, but it is the most premium option over the long haul. By paying for a full year in advance, you might save up to 30%.
For instance, the Business plan costs $23 for each month if paid annually, but $33 if paid monthly. Use the aforementioned additional discounts: Enter our discount code “WBE” at checkout to receive 10% off your first Squarespace plan.
In case you already have a Squarespace plan, you can easily apply this discount to your first upgrade instead! And not only this, but Squarespace also provides a student discount of 50% off the first year when you sign up with your valid school email address. How wonderful it is, right? Just keep in mind that you cannot combine these two discounts, so if you’re a student, you must choose one!
- Is Squarespace free?
Squarespace does not, sadly, offer a free scheme (unlike other builders like Wix and Weebly). Nevertheless, all Squarespace plans begin with a 2-week free trial, allowing you to test out the service without spending a penny.
Squarespace Pricing vs Competitor Pricing
Squarespace is slightly more expensive than the competition. Nonetheless, at $16 per month, its initial prices are comparable to those offered by Wix, which is quite remarkable given that Wix does not offer unlimited space or internet speed like Squarespace It also delivers excellent value for money.
The $23/month Business plan provides access to a variety of features, making it the plan we’d recommend for webmasters looking to get the most out of their Squarespace membership. Squarespace’s best value plan (the Business plan) is less expensive than Wix’s comparative plan, which costs $27 per month.
But since we’re here with our brand new Website Builder, also known as the Fynd Platform, you don’t have to worry about the costly subscriptions of Squarespace anymore as here the subscription just costs around $8/month which is better than both Wix and Squarespace!
Squarespace Pricing: Conclusion
You should now be able to determine which Squarespace plan seems to be ideal for you. There are 4 Squarespace plans from which to choose and all of them begin with a 14-day free trial – no payment data is required until you’re ready to select your plan:
Quick summary of Squarespace Pricing Plans
Personal plan: $16/month (billed monthly) – ideal for launching a tiny but fashionable webpage.
Business plan: $23/month ($33/month billed monthly) – finest for smaller firms
Basic Commerce: $27/month (billed monthly at $36/month). – ideal for simple online stores
Advanced Commerce: $49/month (billed monthly) – best for broadening eCommerce websites.
According to the results of 8,291 users who used our Squarespace plan selector tool, the Business plan is best for 38% of them. Luxury features including pop-ups, expert email, and some eCommerce toolkits are included in this plan.
Squarespace’s plans all include free data and bandwidth, putting it ahead of many opponents in terms of value. Wix’s $16/month annual plan, for example, only includes 2GB of storage!
Ultimately, users can save money on their Squarespace plan by signing up for an annual subscription and using a Squarespace coupon code. To save 10% on the chosen plan, users can use the exclusive code “WBE” at checkout.
Squarespace Pricing: Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a student discount available from Squarespace?
Yeah of course! If you sign up with your academic email account, you’ll get a staggering 50% off your first semester with Squarespace! That appears to mean the least costly Personal plan would cost $72 per year rather than $144 – significant savings!
- Squarespace accepts what currencies?
Squarespace acknowledges four different currencies; users can pay for their Squarespace monthly fee in either of the mentioned currencies:
- the US dollar
- British Pound Sterling
- The Australian Dollar
You can charge in any one of the 20 currencies backed by Squarespace if you advertise through your Squarespace website.
- Is Squarespace a good investment?
Value is almost everything at Squarespace. There are no superior template models or in-house aspects here in the segment. Squarespace is indeed not for you if you’re looking for a cheap and perhaps even free way to create a website. Look no further if you’re innovative and want a svelte, competent site.
- What is the cost of Squarespace website hosting?
Hardly anything! You heard it right, Squarespace includes free cloud hosting with every plan. You will not have to search for your hosting or purchase additional services – start signing up, relax, and relish your site stress-free.
- How would you cancel a Squarespace membership?
You can easily cancel your Squarespace membership. You can disable auto-renewal, causing your site to expire at the end of your bill payment term. You can also withdraw right away by going to your Billing settings and choosing “Cancel Website Subscription.” The Squarespace Help Center contains guides and video content to lend you a hand.
- Is it possible to switch your plan?
It’s super easy to do! You can modify your plan at any time by going to Billing settings and selecting “Change Plan.” It’s simple to switch plans depending on your blog’s requirements – you’ll lose certain additional features once you downgrade, but gain so much when you upgrade.
I am sorting out relevant information about gate io recently, and I saw your article, and your creative ideas are of great help to me. However, I have doubts about some creative issues, can you answer them for me? I will continue to pay attention to your reply. Thanks.